The Gamino Garden
rainwater to recharge the water table. A Flexi-pave porous driveway was installed.
Flexi-Pave is made from bald tires which creates zero runoff and keeps tires out of
landfills. Color, drama, water savings and sustainability are all found in the front yard of
this landscape treasure!
This sustainable landscape was installed in March of 2010 and was
featured on A & E television - Fix That Yard. Colorful native plants and
succulents were used throughout. Drip irrigation was used in planters
and also underground for the lawn. A low energy use pondless
waterfall adds drama. A bio swale and rain diversion pebbles allow
1. Euphorbia Wulfenii Variegata
2. Dymonia Ground cover in between stepping stones.
3. Carex Pansa grass in the parkway
4. Aeonium ‘Sunburst’
5. Rhamnus Alaternus “John Edwards” for east hedge.
6. Aloe Striata
7. Arbutus Marina
8. Magnolia Grandiflora dwarf
9. Variegated succulents
see a garden preview here:
© South Bay Water-Wise Garden Tours